Tuesday, June 11, 2013

What am I suppose to be doing at age 22

I got asked a question, what am I suppose to be doing at age 22? I'm single, no children and a college grad. Should I be getting ready to join a relationship in hopes that in the next two years he'll pop the question. Should I start having children, starting to get ready for a family? Should I already have a career getting established? How about living on my own or paying a bill or two. What should I be doing at the age 22?

I believe the best answer to this question is, a 22 year old should be trying to discover or create themselves, maybe working towards a career, finishing or starting school, finding a job, moving out on their own, or accomplishing a goal or two. For example what is something you've always wanted to do? ( go back to school, learn a new language, learn to play guitar, take yoga classes, lose weight etc.)

 Around this age is the age we should be start new things, exploring what's out there, traveling and seeing the world. Read a new book or article and learn something new everyday.I mean we're still young. I say take three months, starting today to complete the goal at hand. You have three months to lose 30 pounds, three months to learn how to play a song on the guitar, three months to save up enough money to go on that trip or vacation, three months to get your act together and do all the things you wish to do.

Everyone is different, at the age 22 some of us have responsibilities such as children or full time jobs to support ourselves, or no job at all. But, just because you have other obstacles doesn't mean you have to put your life on hold. Be a super women or man. Do the things that make you happy while still taking care of your other responsibilities. 22 is the age of fun, love peace and joy. Your only going to be this age once, why waste it because you made a few mistakes in your past. Life goes on, you just have to learn how to take what God has given to you, and keep going. Your young, beautiful and free. Enjoy your youth while you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment